FT8 is rapidly becoming the digital mode of choice for DXpeditions and here are some reasons why:
• Important for little pistol stations, especially in antenna-challenged HOA or high-noise neighborhoods.
• No other mode has the capability of working five different calls in parallel in the same sub-band with queuing.
• Very high rates possible compared to RTTY, which equals more ATNOs in the log.
• Easier to reach certain parts of the world under poor propagation conditions and weak solar cycles.
• Excellent mode for challenging bands like 6M and 160M.
• Still get credit for a digital QSO toward awards, etc.
• May attract new operators or revitalize older ones.
• Excellent mode for hearing- or speech-impaired hams.
• DQRM not a problem.
• Less stressful for DXpedition operators.
• Has tremendous remote operation possibilities.
Ladies and Gents:
A Spanish Edition of the Summer 2019 INDEXA Newsletter is available at: http://www.indexa.org/newsletters.html
This latest edition reports on the T31EU DXpedition to Kanton Island–Central Kiribati. Translation was performed by INDEXA
Director, Otis Vicens (NP4G). Spanish Editions for Winter 2019 and Spring 2019 are also available on the INDEXA website under the "Newsletters" tab.
Additional contents of this edition are (in Spanish):
CE0Y/NP4G — Una DXpedición de Padre e hijo (página 8)
Zorro Miyazawa es seleccionado como Asesor Honorario al Comite Olimpico de Bután (página 10)
Presentamos el nuevo video de INDEXA (página 11)
Un mensaje del Presidente de INDEXA Bob Schenck (página 11)
–73 es gud DXing,
John Scott, K8YC